Happy Tuesday friends! I hope your week is being kind to you. If not, slap it in the face and tell it to get a clue.
Today, we’re making Creamy Corn Casserole! It’s an easy-peasy, throw-it-together recipe that is sure to tick all your side dish boxes. Traditionally, this little gem of a corn confection is prepared with sour cream. I prefer cream cheese and think it gives this dish a creamier texture with just a hint of sassafrass. Try it!
Creamy Corn Casserole
- 1 can whole kernel corn (juice, too)
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/8 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 (8 oz.) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large casserole dish or 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together adding muffin mix last.
- Transfer to your greased pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*Can be topped with cheese or sour cream but I think it’s delish as is.
*Want a more savory casserole? Ditch the sugar and add some chopped up onions and jalapenos!