In honor of today. In honor of real cooks out there. In honor of the fact that I like to eat. I present to you… Totally Not My Recipe Wednesday.
Let me be real honest with you. I do cook sometimes. I even use pot holders and tongs and stuff. Like real kitchen things.
I even, occasionally, will come up with a recipe all on my own.
But I am not in any way, shape or form above finding a good recipe using the web-er-net and adapting it to fit my family (i.e. no mushrooms. Ever. Ever.) And when I find one that really went over well, I thought I could share it with you all. And then you could adapt it to fit your family (i.e. add mushrooms, blech…I mean, why would you?)
So for this my first TNMRW…wow, totally rolls off the tongue… I will leave you with it.
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with
- green chile peppers
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream
- of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 chopped onion, sautéed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Saute onions and garlic over low-medium heat until translucent.
- To the pasta add the diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, cream of chicken soup, cheese, chopped chicken, onion mixture,salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
This dish is delish, as-is. You could also throw it in a casserole dish, top with some crushed butter crackers and bake at 350 degrees until bubbling and the topping is crispy. This is no award winner, folks. But it is a good ol’ chicken spaghetti that will stick to your ribs and appeal to the kiddos.
Hope you enjoy this week’s installment of TNMRW!
adapted from original recipe found here at Allrecipes.com
Brandy Underwood Selby says
This sounds good to me.