Hello there, friends! It’s been a whirlwind of a holiday season and I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that! Is it just me or has time started going by in exponential increments? Christmas break had me all excited to get so much done! Two whole weeks out of work!
That first morning of break, I remember thinking “I am totes going to be one of those moms that does all the following in no particular order”:
Amazing Christmas Break Plans
- Homemade gingerbread houses
- Christmas candies
- Christmas cookies
- Sew up some fab Christmas Eve pj’schr
- Take the kids bowling/ice-skating/pottery-making/caroling/snowshoeing…
- Take up knitting/crocheting/basket-weaving/macrame art
- Finish all the scrapbooking that dates back to approximately 2005 I have failed to bring to completion.
- Blog, blog and more blog.
- Become a gym rat…the kind that scoffs at all the “newbies” on Jan 1st cause I worked out for two whole weeks in December!
You know, no big deal kind of stuff? I’m proud to say that I actually….wait for it…accomplished the first goal on the list.
Okay. So it wasn’t homemade. And it wasn’t a house. But it was pre-fab’d gingerbread in the shape of a train and it was on sale at World Market. Score.
As for the other stuff, I have tons of time left before work starts up again. Like a whole week. Probably get it all done. No bigs.
But we did get some shopping done.
And ate some hot wings at Buffalo Wild Wings.
I even managed to put up this blog post, so…I’d call Christmas Break a resounding success!
I hope you and yours are using every exponential second to enjoy each other this season of holidays!
Leave a Reply