Okay, I’m nervous. Why am I nervous? Because I have an assignment. Like an actual “do this or you will let down all of mankind.” Okay, not quite so dramatic but in my little sheltered existence where the biggest expectation I face most days is making sure that everyone has clean underwear (a task at which I have miserably failed at times) this assignment has rocked my world a tiny bit.
What is this super important assignment you ask? Get ready to be super impressed. My blogging talents have been recognized. I know, right? My cyber-friend, the blogger-extraordinaire a.k.a “Spot” with What Passes for Sane on a Crazy Day has tagged me to answer 35 questions with one word because she thinks I’m “Over the Top!” Which, all I can say is, thatspeaks volumes coming from her. She’s flippin’ hilarious and authors one of the blogs that I find myself looking forward to reading on a daily basis.Read it. You’ll be glad you did. So, anyway, obviously she recognizes my burgeoning talent and feels it her responsiblity to acknowledge all of my hard work and properlyintroduce me to the world. (Or, she’s just following the rules of the award which states she has to tag 6 bloggers to answer some questions and she knows I would have nothing better to do. Which I don’t.) Although, I prefer to think it’s the former and not the latter.
Okay, so here’s the thing. As I stated, I’m supposed to answer 35 questions using one word, right? Shouldn’t be a problem, right? Wrong. I’m horrible at these kinds of things. So you know those “get to know me” emails that circulate around periodically (and they’re usually from the same people and you’ve gotten like 10 of them and you’re like, don’t you know me by now? Why do you care what my favorite polka song is?). Here’s the thing. I lie.Through my teeth.Favorite memory? Oh, easy…the birth of my children. Truth: Getting drunk one night and getting hit on by that hot (albeit smashed) twenty-one year old. Dream man? No problem…my hubby. Truth: George Clooney. I also lie on my Facebook quizzes to get a better result. You get the picture. Pathetic, but true. So this timeI am resolving to use the utmost honesty when answering the following questions. Maybe.
1. Where is your cell phone? Purse
2. Your hair? Semi-fro
3. Your mother? Strong
4. Your father? Fighter
5. Your favorite food? Pizza
6. Your dream last night? Embarrassing
7. Your favorite drink? DietCoke
8. Your dream/goal? Security
9. What room are you in? Kitchen
10. Your hobby? Sleeping (See? I’m trying here…I was going to say attaining World Peace)
11. Your fear? Fear
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Blogging
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? Shy
15. Muffins? Blueberry
16. Wish list item? Money (I almost went with World Peace, again. I’m growing.)
17. Where did you grow up? Podunk-ville
18. Last thing you did? Exercised (Seriously, I’m not lying on this one.)
19. What are you wearing? Nothing (Okay, I lied again. PJ’s)
20. Your TV? Xbox
21. Your pets? Strange
22. Friends? Loyal
23. Your life? Slapstick
24. Your mood? Sarcastic (Pray for Jer)
25. Missing someone? Nope
26. Vehicle? BMW (God, I can’t stop myself. Sorry. Expedition)
27. Something you’re not wearing: Bra
28. Your favorite store? TJ Maxx
29. Your favorite color? Green
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? Sandee (and Sara…and Jodi)
33. One place that I go to over and over? Walgreens (I’m addicted.)
34. One person who emails me regularly? Dr. Jones from the UK(he wants to wire me $395,000 – I’m still thinking about it.)
35. Favorite place to eat? SnoCap
So, there. I did it. Whew. I’m exhausted. This honesty crap takes work.
Love to all, Mindy
Thanks for the amazingly kind words!! What a shout out! And you know I think that you are funny and talented (plus you gave me that awesome recipe for pumpkin dump cake that my family loved last night so that might have been kind of like a bribe if you knew I was gonna get an award. But you didn’t!). I read alot of blogs, but yours is one of the first I look for every morning!
And you did not dissapoint! Your answers (both real and unreal) were hilarious. =]
Thanks Spot! And glad you loved the pumpkin dump cake. I’m thinking about starting a support group…
And it was really fun answering those questions…most of them were true. Well, at least 3/4’s. =)
bhahaha! that was pretty funny!!!
i love those things….but i’m a little strange as I enjoy filling out surveys like that!
Thanks Amber! I somewhat enjoy filling that stuff out. I usually treat it kind like those “choose your own destiny” books. You can really build al pretty nifty life if you put some work behind it. =)
When Brandy told me #10, I couldn’t help but comment. I think you cut yourself short when you classify this as ‘hobby.’ That’s like describing Michael Jordan as just a basketball player or Lance Armstrong as just a cyclist. You’ve got to be close to Olympic-class – every time we call over there, you’re in training!
Wow. Thank you for your undying support, Paul. It’s about time somebody recognizes me for my obvious talents.
Lol. I like this a lot. I used to make up stuff like this and pass it out to friends and co-workers. Gives lots of insight on a person.
Good answers. If you want to get rid of of your money, just wire me the 395,000.
Thank you for your kind remarks.
I love it! You’re hilarious. Let me know if that Dr. Jones’ thing works out….you might be able to recruit me 🙂